I heard Alice Nicholls talking about how she SO looks forward to her spiced hot cacao for her dessert every night and I HAD to know more. I have used the mix of essential oils that she likes to use, but you could also mix it up with a drop of peppermint oil if you like choc mint flavour.
– if you’re not into oils you could totally make this with cinnamon spice and grated fresh ginger which I’ve also heard tastes amazing.
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use almond, but coconut would also be amazing)
- 1 heaped two of cacao powder
- drizzle of maple syrup
- 1 drop (ONLY 1! Or it will be over powered quickly) each of ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and wild orange
- Add milk into saucepan on low-med heat
- add drops of oils, cacao and drizzle maple syrup
- whisk over heat until your desired temp is reached and then ENJOY!